2. "I'll sacrifice for you." I'll sacrifice my time for you. I'll be selfless for you. I'll stay up late with you as you learn to care for our new baby, even though I have work in the morning. I'll hold you when you're sick. When you are weak, I will be your strength. I'll be there for you at 3am as readily as I would at 7pm. I'll be there when no one else is, and I'll be there 100%. In sickness and in health, my willingness to be there won't change. My sacrifice is not dependent on your state of being, but rather it is there because you exist and you are someone worth sacrificing for.
3. "I respect you."; I respect you for who you are, and not for what I feel you deserve. I respect you because you deserve my respect, not because you earned it. I'll respect your opinions and consider your feelings. I'll treat you like a person with your own thoughts, hopes, dreams and desires. And those thoughts, hopes, dreams, and desires will matter to me the way they matter to you.
4. "I'll support you." I'll support your hopes and your dreams. I will always have your back. You can rely on me. I'll raise you up and never tear you down. I'll always make sure you have what you need, physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. I'll lift you back up when you fall.
5. "I'll protect you." I'll protect you from harm. I'll protect your heart from pain. I'll protect the idea of us. I won't demean you. I'll treasure you and shield you from evil, bad and ugly. I won't let others put you down. You will be safe in my arms, safe in my hands and safe in my heart. I'll be your safe haven, your safety net, and someone you can always trust.
6. "I'm committed to you." I won't leave you. I will be here for you again and again. I'll make this work a priority in my life. I'll look back on our beginning, I'll work on our now and I'll look forward to our future because we are something that I want to last forever.
Some may argue that if you love someone, all these things will be part of that love. That someone who loves you automatically sacrifices for you, respects you, forgives you, supports you, protects you and is committed to you.
In an ideal, perfect world, I truly believe that all these attributes come together as one and are expressed through pure and unconditional charity. It is a trait we should all strive to develop. But from my experience, we are human, and we fall short of this perfection -- even towards those we love.
If true love was all that we needed, love wouldn't be so hard and relationships wouldn't fall apart so easy.
The truth is there are lot of people you can love, but very few relationships that you can make last forever. That's why a person is capable of loving someone more than life, but knowing deep inside that it would never work. That is why people are capable of walking away from those they love. That is why someone can give up a life full of love for a single moment of weak and selfish pleasure. That is why people lie, steal and cheat to, from and on those they love.
I have loved a lot of people, but I am not with those people. I am with the man who gave me more than love. I am with the man who looked past my mistakes. I am with the man who sacrificed for me. I am with a man who honors and respects me. I am with a man who takes care of me in more ways than one. I am with someone who makes me feel safe and secure. I am with someone who I know will love me through the thick and the thin, who hasn't left nor will leave me when time are tough.
I am with the man who was more than an "I love you." (c) источник